Thursday, October 20, 2016

Lula Janes wins my heart

Lula Janes is a quaint little bakery located in Waco. They are known for their delicious desserts as well as healthy vegetarian options.
They only make one option for lunch a day, but no matter what day you go on you can’t go wrong. Every meal they offer are vegetarian and made fresh daily.  
Today happened to be vegetarian burritos with a side kale salad. I decided to get the combo which includes a drink and one of their delicious baked goods. I got lemonade and a slice of blueberry pie (which I ate later because the burrito was a lot more filling than expected).

Not only was the meal aesthetically pleasing, but it also tasted delicious. Inside the tasty tortilla was rice, sweet potato, peppers, corn, and a variety of other vegetables and was drizzled in a ranch type dressing. I’m typically not a kale fan, but the dressing on the kale salad took away the bitterness and tasted actually quite good.

Lula Janes has definitely been my favorite vegetarian restaurant that I have found in Waco so far, and I would highly recommend it even if you’re not vegetarian to go and fall in love with the vegetarian options they have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment